Where do I begin?! It has been a challenging keto journey for me. I have been doing keto on and off for two years this January. I can very confidently say, it is the right lifestyle for me. Carbs are the devil for me. They cause serious weight gain along with acne and HORRIBLE fatigue, in my case. Unfortunately, they sometimes get the best of me. I get on keto and decide this will forever be my eating lifestyle but then life happens! I moved states around this time last year and that was when I had fallen off the keto wagon. I am gladly back on and working to make this a forever thing, so keep an eye out for many more keto recipes!
This bagel recipe was so satisfying and filling. This bagel was shared between myself and my two toddlers and I am very satisfied. This was their second breakfast however so I can not say the same for them! Enjoy my little twist on keto bagels, here goes:
1 3/4 Cups Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
6 TBSP Cream Cheese
3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tsp Garlic and Herb Seasoning
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Himalayan Salt
Parmesan Cheese (garnish)
What to do:
- In a bowl, add the almond and coconut flour, baking powder, salt and garlic seasoning.
- In a pot on the stove, melt the cream cheese and cheese on low heat.
- Mix the cream cheese and cheese from beginning to end and do not leave on the stove alone for a second.
- This step must be done quickly! Once the cream cheese and cheese are well incorporated, add in the dry ingredients along with the eggs and quickly mix and combine all together!
- Once your dough is ready, grab some handfuls and form them into balls. In the middle, press your thumb down to poke the middle, making a whole.
- Garnish with one the garlic seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- After doing this with all the dough, bake at 375° for about 15 min.
- Allow to cool before removing from baking sheet.