Chicago style giardiniera with a twist! Use this recipe to top ANY meal! 🙂
Cut up the following ingredients:
10-12 Jalapenos (Reserve 2 for the end without chopping them up)
2 Carrot Stalks
2 Celery Stalks
About 4/5 Large Cauliflower Florets
5 Large Radishes
5 Large Garlic Cloves
1 Cup Vinegar
2 Cups Oil (Canola or Olive)
3/8 Cup Salt
4 Cups of Water
1 TBSP Oregano
2 TSP Black Pepper
- Cut up vegetables to desired size.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the salt and 4 cups of water.
- After dissolving, add in cut up vegetables, mix, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, take them out and rinse thoroughly.
- Give them a taste, if they are too salty, soak them in ice cold water for an hour.
- Strain them from the water.
- In a pickling jar, add in the vinegar, oil, garlic cloves, oregano and black pepper.
- Mix everything very well and throw in the vegetables.
- If you’d like them to be mild, cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 days before serving.
- If you’d like them medium, grab two extra jalapenos and slice them only in half making two pieces from each jalapeno.
- After placing the vegetables in the jar, stick the jalapenos inside of them. You will need to push them in as they will enter tightly.
- Cover tightly and place in the fridge for 3 days before serving.
I absolutely love giardiniera with almost every meal! Especially in sandwiches or with rice. Enjoy 🙂