Rudeena’s favorite way to start the day is always with oatmeal or pancakes! So I figured, why not try combining the two to start the day even better? It was a success! Rudeena and also Sanaa enjoyed their breakfast! Here’s the super easy recipe:
1 Cup Whole Milk
1/3 Cup Instant Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Tbsp Sugar
3 Tsp Baking Powder
Splash of Vanilla
1 Tbsp Butter
Add cinnamon and/or nutmeg to spice up the pancakes!
These pancakes need to cook awhile longer than regular pancakes.
When making more batter, add one egg for every two servings.
- In a small bowl, add in all wet ingredients (milk, egg and vanilla) and whisk.
- Then add in all dry ingredients, one at a time, leaving the baking powder last.
- Combine all ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Place a small pan on medium-high heat on stove top along with 1/2 Tbsp of butter.
- Once the pan is hot and butter is melted, pour in part of the batter.
- Cook on one side until it is firm and ready to flip (2 min).
- Flip and cook on opposite side for about a minute.
- Place it on a plate and serve with honey (or syrup)!