These delicious nuggets are loaded in protein, iron and many vitamins and minerals. It is very crucial that toddlers end their day with nutritious meals. But protein (including Vitamins D & C) is most important. As I was digging through my pantry, I pulled out anything high in protein and decided to put them together and made them into nuggets! Making foods for toddlers is super easy. It’s the ‘eating’ that’s tricky, especially if you’ve got a picky eater. But these came out super good! They almost resembled falafel lol! Recipe:
Yield: About 8 Servings (3 Nuggets Per serving)
15g of Protein per serving!
1 1/2 Cups Cooked Garbanzo Beans
1 Cup Cooked Lentils
2 Cups Flax Meal
1 1/2 Cups Flour
3 Large Eggs
1 Cup Water
3 TBSP Olive Oil
3 TSP Salt
3 TSP Cumin
2 TSP Turmeric
2 TBSP Sesame Seeds
2 TBSP Yeast Flakes
Coconut Oil Spray
- Turn on oven 300ºF.
- Gently boil or steam garbanzo beans and lentils until cooked all the way through.
- After they have cooked, blend with a cup of water until very smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl and mix in eggs, salt, cumin, turmeric and olive oil.
- Mix in flax meal and flour, one cup at a time, mixing every time until a dough is formed.
- Grab about 3 TBSP of dough and form into a ball, then press onto a greased pan.
- After finishing all the dough, sprinkle each nugget with sesame seeds and yeast flakes.
- Bake for about 35-40 min.
The key in making kids meals is to always gently steam, boil, (or in this case) bake gently to prevent losing any nutrients. Hope your little ones enjoy! 🙂